The Friday Five from fridayfive.org:
1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from?
Let’s see, on my mom’s side there’s a lot of English names, as well as some Russian. On my dad’s side there’s German and English…I’d really have to do more looking into this for a good answer.
2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit? England. Even if I didn’t have ancestors from there, I’ve always wanted to visit England, especially Yorkshire.
3. Which would you least like to visit? I’ve never really had much of a desire to visit Germany. Nothing personal. I have this thing about being able to communicate, and I’m afraid of going to a country where I don’t know the language. Thing is, I only know English. But I do know that well, at least. I’m not very cosmopolitan, LOL.
4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage?
I love good German potato salad and sauerkraut, but I don’t do anything to mark my heritage — I’m too much of a mish-mash mutt to single any one ethnicity out.
5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)?
Somewhere up in the great, great, great, great…We’re not Mayflower people, but we’ve been here a while. 😉