Life just seems to be an endless series of Fridays lately. Once again, it’s Friday Five time, too:
1. How many TVs do you have in your home?
Three: office, living room and bedroom.
2. On average, how much TV do you watch in a week?
I tend to be online far more than I watch TV. Probably….on average I watch 15 hours/week. It just depends.
3. Do you feel that television is bad for young children?
A qualified yes. My husband and I both rue the fact that our childhood memories are comprised largely of what we watched on TV, not of the games we played or the friends we had. We lived in front of the tube. I think there are great kids shows, no doubt – but I also think it dulls a kid’s imagination to have everything fed to them visually without any effort on their part. It’s just not interactive. I think there needs to be a balance, and that TV shouldn’t be used as a babysitter.
4. What TV shows do you absolutely HAVE to watch, and if you miss them, you’re heartbroken?
That varies for us. Right now, it’s Survivor Thialand, ER and Dog Days (turn your volume down on that last site, LOL).
5. If you had the power to create your own television network, what would your line-up look like?
Man, it’d probably be the best of several networks’ shows! Frankly, it’d be a big pay-per-view thing where people could choose the shows they wanted from all the other cable/satellite networks.