PromoGuy’s Monday Mission 2.35
1. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you on a date?
It would probably have to be something that happened when I was in high school. I must have been a freshman or a sophomore, tops. My boyfriend and I were riding my horse, and my horse tossed his head backwards, soundly connecting with my nose and giving me a fine bloody nose! My head snapped backward and, since BF and I were riding double, hit my boyfriend’s head. He suffered no ill consequences, of course. I remember being mortified that he would have to see me all gross with a bloddy schnozz!
2. Do you eat your veggies?
Oh, yes! I especially love asparagus, fresh picked and steamed. I’ve never gotten around to growing any asparagus because we don’t have a good, sunny spot for it, so I settle for supermarket asparagus when it’s the season for it. If you’ve ever wondered why eating asparagus makes your pee stink, thanks to this link and this other link, you can find out just why. Inquiring minds want to know!
3. Most people are comfortable going to the bathroom in front of at least one person. Has anyone ever used the restroom in front of you that you wish wouldn’t have? What happened and how bad was it?
Heh, heh, heh….Yeah I have a story about this one! Back when Howie and I lived in the lower of an old house, we had one bathroom. We both had the flu or food poisoning, or what have you. Not a good situation. I was sitting on the pot (again) and Howie came rushing into the bathroom. “I’ve really gotta go! Are you going to be long?” Well, I was in the throes of another colon spasm and wasn’t going anywhere too soon. Poor guy was so desparate he grabbed a bucket out of the closet and used it. Oh, it was not a fun day, no.
4. Have you ever had a bad online transaction? You know, the item wasn’t what you thought it would be, you got totally ripped-off, no refunds, it just plain sucked? What’s
the story there?
The first feedback we received on eBay was negative, owing to a vendor who got ticked off when I asked him to make right on a item which did not meet our expectations. It was an antique railroad stock certificate which had holes in it, ones which didn’t show up in his scan. He wrote a nasty feedback in all caps “not nice people!!!”. I was crushed that my first feedback would be so nasty. Now I have 40 positives and that’s the only negative we ever had, so I’ve gone on with life. I survived it. 😉
For the most part, our transactions have been flawless, actually. When we have had problems, I’ve found that writing a polite e-mail, one with all the facts stated and my expectations clearly spelled out, has gone a long way in remedying the situation. I think a lot of people zap off an e-mail in anger and forget that the people answering the e-mails usually had nothing to do with the problem and are only trying to help. Who wants to help when the e-mail he’s received reams him before he’s had a chance to do anything, you know?
5. Ever have a current love find any old love letters (or similar item) you kept that probably should have been thrown away? How did that turn out?
LOL, my husband has seen some of the cards and letters from a few ex’s, but he isn’t really threatened. If those ex’s and I had been physically intimate, that would bother him. But we weren’t.
6. A secretary at work was telling me about a trip she took to Mardi Gras. She showed off her beaded necklaces and proudly said she “earned’ each and every one of them (for those not familiar with this tradition, ladies walking up Burbon St. in New Orleans will flash people who are upon the balconies, in return the guys will throw them worthless plastic necklaces). I was shocked, I had no idea this quiet gal had a wild side. Was there ever a time when you did something totally outrageous because you knew no one would know who you were, or maybe didn’t care even if they did?
No, not totally outrageous. I did some stupid things when I was in high school and hung out with a not-so-good crowd, but nothing totally outrageous. And if I had, modesty would prevent my giving the details, anyway. 😉
7. Hey, what happened to you last night? I waited forever!
Good things come to them that wait. 😉
BONUS: I know I could break you down, but what good would it do?
I could surely never know
That what you say is true.
Here i am in silence,
It’s a game i have to play.
You and i in silence.
With nothing else to say.
I’ve never heard this. I’m just a fan of Google.com, LOL.
Today’s Comment Question*: Who’s your favorite recording artist?
I have several in different genres. It depends on my mood for the day, really. I love The Beatles, Phil Keaggy, Kim Hill and John Tesh, especially. I like female vocalists who have alto voices and that sort of sing-songy delivery of lyrics, and I love good accoustic guitar work. And I like oddball stuff like Daniel Amos/Terry Taylor.