I’m finally getting back into my blogging routine after vacation. And here is the most regular of the regular, Promoguy’s Monday Mission. Hey, as I typed Promoguy, I accidently spelled it Promogoy. He’s not Jewish, right? So either name would technically be considered correct, right? It’s not often typos work out that well. Kinda reminds me of The Missing Consonant. 😉
1. Do you get sick very often? What illness do you find that you’ve had most frequently?
I am the sinusitis poster child, but other than that I get a few colds per year. I’m weathering one of those infrequent treasures right now, actually.
2. I know a man who flat out refuses to go to the Doctor’s office. You’d need an ambulance to get him near a hospital. Not me, I’d rather go as soon as I feel sick so I can get better. Do you mind going to see the Doctor when you get sick? Do you know anyone who just refuses to go to a Doctor when they get ill? Any idea why they are like that?
Yes, I know several people like that. Part of it could be the fear of finding out something worse is wrong with them than they thought, I think. Some refuse to go because of costs involved. And some are just stubbornly prideful that they just don’t need anyone’s help (though I suspect that’s rooted in fear a lot of the time).
3. How about visiting the Dentist? Do you go get a check-up every 6 months? Or do you dread going?
When we had insurance, we did. When we didn’t have dental insurance, we didn’t. Now that we have coverage again, we do. My toofers got a clean bill of health this last time, but Howie’s gums are in poor shape. He has to go for deep cleaning/scraping appointments, and they hope his gums will heal up well following all of that. No fun!
4. I’ve heard about a diet pill called “Thermolift” that allegedly gives you quite an energy rush (oh boy mentioning this will surely bring us all a ton of Google hits won’t it?). Although I’ve thought about getting some of these pill for the times I need a boost, I’m probably not going to take the plunge. Have you ever taken any diet pills, energy pills or energy drinks? How did they make you feel? Do you still take them? How come?
When I was in high school, I took Dexatrim. It gave me plenty of energy, but made me nervous as heck (not a good thing for an already angst-filled, messed up teenage girl). I’ve never consumed energy drinks, just SlimFast when I’ve wanted to jump-start a diet.
5. Have you heard about “Gastric Bypass” surgery that many celebrities are doing to loose weight? (The process reduces the size of your stomach to facilitate weight loss) What are your thoughts on this procedure? Would you ever consider it? How would you feel if a relative were to decide to undergo the procedure?
I am not one to have elective surgery, except for things which cause me great pain (i.e. hernia and a funky gallbladder). My husband and I are both very overweight and need to get back to a healthy routine. We did it once before, and lost weight, but lapsed into old habits and gained a lot of it back. I don’t think such surgery would be of benefit to us — we just need to do the right thing, and stick to it. I suppose that, in cases of extremely obese individuals, this prodedure would be helpful in weight loss. But it is so extreme!
6. What do you think the opposite sex needs to experience to fully understand what it is like to be your gender?
Every man should experience the unbridled joy of stopping to ask for directions, and being able to drive straight to his destination. Also, men need to experience a good bout of anxious, depressed PMS. It’s the pits. They joke about the anger and erratic behavior, as do us women (if we didn’t laugh, we’d cry…Or kill), but boy do they need to experience it!
7. And to lighten things up a bit before we go…What’s the most worthless gadget, infomercial item or “looked like a bargain” item you have ever purchased or owned?
The Butter Butler. That’s is the hands-down worst thing we’ve ever bought. In theory, it’s supposed dispense a thin ribbon of butter as you turn its handle. If your butter is unrefrigerated, it might work for this, but it sure doesn’t when the butter’s in its next-best-thing-to-ice state. The handle is very hard to turn, and once the butter finally starts squeezing through the little slit at the end of the tube, it’s hard to stop. I e-mailed the company we got it from (The Gadget Source) and they were as nice as pie about it, giving me a full refund without even asking I send it back first. I still have that stupid thing in the cabinet – all cleaned and re-packaged. How sad is that? I could re-gift it, but I wouldn’t give that thing to anyone I liked.
BONUS: Why can’t every day be like Christmas?
Elllllllvis!! Whatta guy.
Today’s Comment Question: I have a new, faster computer and I am ready run some new programs and have fun. What do you like to do (games, programs, etc.) on your computer for entertainment?
I’m a photogeek. I love editing digital pictures and doing creative stuff with them. You’d never know it from my website, though, because I procrastinate and never quite get my online gallery ready and uploaded. Next to that, I love watching movie trailers and short films online — I sure missed this broadband while we were on vacation!