Another sporadic installment of Friday Five questions (sporadic meaning my posts for them are sporadic, that is).
1. As a child, who was your favorite superhero/heroine? Why?
I never read comics much, but of TV superhero genre, I liked Batman. He was campy and fun, with colorful adversaries. I also thought of Bill Bixby’s character on The Courtship of Eddie’s Father, as a hero of sorts. Here was a dad who really loved his son, was kind and considerate of his feelings, and did his best for him. I watched the show all the time and wished I could be Eddie.
2. What was one thing you always wanted as a child but never got?
A decent father. Well, I got one as an adult with my step-dad, but it’s not quite the same thing.
3. What’s the furthest from home you’ve been?
It depends on what you call home. Furthest from my physical brick-and-mortar home would be Louisiana.
4. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to learn but haven’t yet?
Consistency and self-discipline.
5. What are your plans for the weekend?
We’re going to visit our best friends Saturday and Sunday night we’re slated to watch movies with another friend.